PLANC is accepting nominations for several leadership roles with Board of Directors and with the Quadrennial Conference in 2020. Nominations are due February 4, 2017 and may be submitted online here.
PLANC Board Officer Positions
- Chair-Elect (Elect, 2017-2019; Chair, 2019-2021; Past Chair, 2021-2023)
- The Chair-elect shall perform such duties assigned by the Chair and /or the Council including those of secretary. Should the Chair be unable to serve full-term the Chair-elect will automatically succeed to the position of Chair for the remainder of that term as well as the term for which he/she was duly elected and another Chair-elect shall be chosen.
- Treasurer (2017-2019)
- The Treasurer shall formulate a budget for approval by the Council, maintain the accounts of the Council, and perform other functions as assigned by the Council.
Quadrennial Conference Leadership
- Conference Chair (2017-2020)
- The Conference Chair leads a team of volunteers to execute a successful Quadrennial PLANC Conference. Key responsibilities include development and delivery of an intentional professional development opportunity for pre-law advisors, law school admission representatives, and pre-law advising partners; creating and managing financial operations in collaboration with the PLANC Treasurer; site selection in collaboration with the PLANC Board and Program Chair; volunteer recruitment and oversight; and overall conference assessment and evaluation. The Conference Chair attends semi-annual meetings of the PLANC Board to provide reports throughout the conference planning cycle.
- Program Chair (2017-2020)
- The Program chair is responsible for the design and delivery of the conference curriculum and related programmatic areas of the Quadrennial PLANC Conference. Key responsibilities include development and selection of program content relevant to pre-law advising; site selection in collaboration with the PLANC Board and Conference Chair; volunteer recruitment and oversight; and partnerships with host law schools. The Conference Program Chair attends semi-annual meetings of the PLANC Board to provide reports throughout the conference planning cycle.