PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors Listserv Guidelines
The purpose of the PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors listserv is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, a venue to provide information and resources related to pre-law advising, and to foster collegiality among pre-law advisors in institutions of higher education, ABA-approved law schools, and PLANC Partner Organizations. The PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors listserv is restricted to individuals employed by colleges and universities serving as pre-law advisors or law school admissions officers, or PLANC Partner Organizations.
- Try to keep message constructive, courteous, and concise.
- Subject headings should be specific. Many readers will choose to read, skim, or ignore the message based on the subject heading of the email.
- Confidential information should NOT be discussed on the listserv. Difficult cases may be addressed so long as names and other identifying information have been changed.
- When asking for input on a topic, consider asking others to reply privately to you, summarize their responses, and then posting the results to the list as a single useful message.
- Be judicious in touting your own programs, books, etc.
- The default reply setting on the listserv is to send a message to the full group. If you are responding to a specific individual only, you should change the email address in the “to” field of your reply email before sending the message.
Requests to join the PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors listserv should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should include a brief description of how you meet the criteria to join the listserv as noted in the purpose statement above. Once you are a member of the listserv, you can change how frequent the messages are delivered to you (e.g., combined messages, daily digest). You are not required to have a gmail account to join or utilize the listserv.
Listserv members may send an email to email@example.com to post messages to the group.
To unsubscribe from the PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors listserv, a group member should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All messages are archived in googlegroups immediately after they are distributed to the list. The archived messages from the PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors listserv may be accessed by group members by logging into groups.google.com.
Subscribers are expected to observe all applicable copyright restrictions when posting any material that is not their own. When in doubt, simply provide the URL that links to the appropriate information. Repeated failure to adhere to the guidelines may result in your removal from the PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors Listserv.
The PLANC National Pre-Law Advisors listserv is provided as a service of the Pre-Law Advisors National Council to individuals and organizations involved in the law school admission process. PLANC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the listserv by others. PLANC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the listserv, whether posted by PLANC, individuals and organizations involved in the law school admission process as defined above, or any third party. In no event shall PLANC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information post on the listserv.
PLANC does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the PLANC Executive Committee, PLANC will take all appropriate action.
Approved by the PLANC Board of Directors, March 8, 2015