LAW SCHOOL NETWORKING MIXER REGISTRATION
PLANC 2016 will be introducing a new style of connecting for law school admissions officers and pre-law advisors by hosting a Law School Networking Mixer in lieu of a traditional law school fair. This networking mixer will be a more engaging way to connect with advisors than standing behind tables. Mix and mingle while you share all the great news about your schools! The event will be held in the Grand Ballroom of the Palmer House Hilton on Thursday, June 9, from 4:00 – 5:15 p.m. It will be the closing event for the day and a great way for conference attendees to wind down before heading out for a night in Chicago!
Please see below for event logistics considerations:
- Please note that you must submit a formal registration to participate in the Mixer…your conference registration does not cover registration for the Networking Mixer.
- Schools will be arranged geographically around the room by APLA region to facilitate easier connections. Each school will have their own high-boy table and a sign that indicates their school name. Tables will not be assigned in advance, and schools can select a table of their own choosing (within their region’s area of the room) once they check-in for the event.
- Because of the smaller size of the tables, schools are asked to only bring one (1) piece of information with them to showcase, such as a brochure or one-sheet that covers critical school information. No need to ship boxes of materials in advance. There will not be space to accommodate extra materials, and advisors usually do not have the capacity to carry home large amounts of materials. This will allow for more space at your table to talk with advisors and also prevent excessive paper waste at the conclusion of the event.
- Because this is a networking event and not a traditional fair, chairs will not be available at the tables. However, accommodations for stools for seating can be made for those who need them. Please indicate this need on your registration form.
- A technology solution is being vetted for use in collecting contact information of advisors who visit your table during the mixer. However, representatives may want to bring a paper sign-in sheet as a back-up in case of any technology issues that may arise.
- There must be a representative present at each school’s table for the duration of the mixer. Schools may not reserve a table simply to place materials out for advisors to pick up.
- No more than two (2) school representatives are allowed per table. Those representatives can be from any area of the school, such as admissions, career services, alumni, etc.
Registration for the Networking Mixer is limited to those schools who have at least one registered attendee coming to the conference. Only those schools who register for the event in advance may participate, as tables must be ordered in advance. We will not be able to accommodate walk-up registrations. The deadline for registration is May 13.
To register for the Law School Networking Mixer, click here!